Family run business based in Newton Abbot for over 45 Years
Motorquip has been established for over 45 years, and run by the same family for the past 18, we have a combined 50 years experience in the Motor Trade. We are a family business and pride ourselves on personal service. We are based at Motorquip in Newton Abbot, Devon.
At Motorquip we supply and fit various vehicle electrical upgrades and accessories in the areas of Newton Abbot, Torquay, Paignton, Chudleigh, Bovey Tracey, Torbay, Teignbridge, Kingsteignton, Ashburton, Buckfastleigh, Totnes and anywhere in the Devon Area.
We carry out the majority of our work at our premises in Newton Abbot, Devon with only larger vehicles such as trucks, motorhome and horse boxes being done at our out of town facility. We do have a small showroom and waiting room on site and being based in the town centre there is a good variety of shops to visit. We are 5 minute walk from the bus station and a 10 min walk away from the train station.
You are welcome you to drop your car off the night before just please contact us prior so we can arrange for it to be locked away over night.
We do have limited parking for visit so please call 01626 363311 before you visit us unless you have a pre arranged booking.
We have a 5 star rating on Google and Facebook take a look at our testimonials page to have a read.
What we do:
At Motorquip we specialise in automotive electrical upgrades and repairs in Newton Abbot, Devon such as the following:
Audison & Hertz
Apple Carplay & Android Auto Integration
Commercial Vehicle Fitting
Motorhome and Camper Van Electrics
Cruise Control and Speed Limiters
- Apple Carplay and Android Auto add ons
- Car Audio Upgrades: Speakers, Upgrade Kits, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, DSP
- Dash Cams; Supply of front and rear dash cameras, fit own dash cams, tamper proof dash cams
- Towbars: Visit southdevontowbars.co.uk to find out more about our towbar fitting service
- Parking Aids: Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Rear and Front Cameras, Mirror monitors, OEM Camera Integration
- Digital Radio: DAB Stereos, DAB Add ons, Antenna Upgrades
- Vehicle Security: Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Secret Switches
- OEM Add ons: Cruise Controls Light Upgrades ect
- Camper Electrics: Lights, Split Charge system, hook ups, leisure batteries, fridges, heaters, water pumps ect
- Marine and classic car electrics from small repairs to full rewire
- Commercial vehicles: Emergency and Hazardous Lighting, Split Charge Relays, Leisure Batteries, 240v Inverters, Interior Lights, Flood Lights, Tamper Proof Dash Cams, Trackers, Door Locks, Alarms
Who we are
Owner: Theo did his electrical engineer apprenticeship at Centrax then went on to work at Motorquip for his dad Alan. In 2019 took over the running of Motorquip. Theo splits his day between sales, fitting and plenty of paper work. Theo has a passion for land rovers having owned various Discos, Range Rovers and Series models. Theo currently drives a BMW 5 Series, VW Transporter T6, Land Rover Series 3 Lightweight and Lincoln Towncar.
Knowledge base: Alan owned Motorquip for the last 17 years before handing it over to his son Theo in 2019. He lives above the workshop and still seen around the workshop regularly. Even though he doesn't work anymore he still helps with business with his vast knowledge and previous experience. Alans favourite vehicles are 2 CVS or anything old Japanese and currently drives a Toyota Granvia import.
Fitter: Haydon has worked at Motorquip for 3 years he has a mechanical engineering background. Previously working at garages in the local area and has completed his Level 3 mechanical engineering at South Devon College. He has a passion for classic cars restoring them in his spare time currently drives a VW T4, Mercedes 560SEC and a Dodge D250.
Fitter: Chris has worked with us for the past year and has a range of previous automotive electrical experience. Chris has a passion for classic American car and has owned many in the past.
Office: Hazel is Theo's partner and has helped with business since 2019, she does all of the booking keeping, invoicing and ordering. She currently drive a Kia Rio which has full Audison sound system as our demo vehicle.