Family run business based in Newton Abbot for over 45 Years
Motorquip has been established for over 45 years, and run by the same family for the past 18, we have a combined 50 years experience in the Motor Trade. We are a family business and pride ourselves on personal service. We are based at Motorquip in Newton Abbot, Devon.
At Motorquip we supply and fit various vehicle electrical upgrades and accessories, carrying out fault diagnostics and supply and fit towbars in the areas of Newton Abbot, Torquay, Paignton, Chudleigh, Bovey Tracey, Torbay, Teignbridge, Kingsteignton, Ashburton, Buckfastleigh, Totnes and anywhere in the Devon Area.
We carry out the majority of our work at our premises in Newton Abbot, Devon with only larger vehicles such as trucks, motorhome and horse boxes being done at our out of town facility. We do have a small showroom and waiting room on site and being based in the town centre there is a good variety of shops to visit. We are 5 minute walk from the bus station and a 10 min walk away from the train station.
You are welcome you to drop your car off the night before just please contact us prior so we can arrange for it to be locked away over night.
We do have limited parking for visit so please call 01626 363311 before you visit us unless you have a pre arranged booking.
We have a 5 star rating on Google and Facebook take a look at our testimonials page to have a read.
What we do:
At Motorquip we specialise in automotive electrical upgrades and repairs in Newton Abbot, Devon such as the following:
- Audio Upgrades Speakers
- Audison & Hertz
- Imported Vehicles
Apple Carplay & Android Auto Integration
Commercial Vehicle Fitting
Motorhome and Camper Van Electrics
Cruise Control and Speed Limiters
- Apple Carplay and Android Auto add ons
- Car Audio Upgrades: Speakers, Upgrade Kits, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, DSP
- Dash Cams; Supply of front and rear dash cameras, fit won dash cams, tamper proof dash cams
- Towbars: Visit southdevontowbars.co.uk to find out more about our towbar fitting service
- Parking Aids: Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Rear and Front Cameras, Mirror monitors, OEM Camera Integration
- Digital Radio: DAB Stereos, DAB Add ons, Antenna Upgrades
- Vehicle Security: Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Secret Switches
- OEM Add ons: Cruise Controls Light Upgrades ect
- Camper Electrics: Lights, Split Charge system, hook ups, leisure batteries, fridges, heaters, water pumps ect
- Marine and classic car electrics from small repairs to full rewire
- Commercial vehicles: Emergency and Hazardous Lighting, Split Charge Relays, Leisure Batteries, 240v Inverters, Interior Lights, Flood Lights, Tamper Proof Dash Cams, Trackers, Door Locks, Alarms
Who we are
Owner: Theo did his electrical engineer apprenticeship at Centrax then went on to work at Motorquip for his dad Alan and in 2019 took over the running of Motorquip. Theo splits his day between sales, fitting and plenty of paper work. Theo has a passion for land rovers having owned various Discos, Range Rovers and Series models. Theo currently drives a BMW 5 Series VW Transporter T6, Land Rover Series 3 Lightweight and Lincoln Towncar.
Fitter & Bookkeeper: Alan ran motorquip for the last 17 years before handing it over to his on Theo in 2019. He still does some fitting and is our Thatcham Approved Alarm and tracker fitter. He also looks after the businesses books. Alans favourite vehicles are 2 CVS or anything old Japanese and currently drives a Toyota Granvia import.
Fitter: Haydon is the mechanical fitter of the fitter for towbars and such he did his Level 3 mechanical engineering at South Devon College. He has worked at a few garage in Newton Abbot and restores classic cars in his spare time currently drives a VW T4, Mercedes 560SEC and a Dodge D250.
Trainee: Scott is our trainee fitter and currently drives a Toyota Scarlet.